I am a little late posting this but thank you to Anne Boleyn Files and Kimberly Eve Musings of a Writer for the Kreativ Blogger award. The award guidelines are that upon receiving you must post 7 things you love and then give the award to 7 other bloggers who are creative. Here are my 7:
7 favorite things (other than raucous causing history)
1. Goats: I try to sneak a goat into all my picture books. My token goat got cut from the Raucous Royals during the dummy sketch phase so I have slyly snuck my token goat into my next book at the final stage. (less chance of my editor asking, “Say, why is there a goat on this page?”)
2. Peanut Butter and Lemonade: it’s a pregnancy thing. Normally, I hate both.
3. When my 18 month old daughter says the word “couscous”: you just have to hear it to understand.
4. White, shiny gogo boots: I was a disco diva in another life.
5. Yellow tulips: until they die and look a little naked with just that ugly, brown stump.
6. Long Fingers: I have hand envy. I have been cursed with stubby fingers.
7. The smell of crayons: my daughter shares this love and insists they are the 7th food group
7 superbly creative blogs
1. Art and Words
2. Susan Holloway Scott
3. The Virtual Dime Museum
4. Tudor Stuff
5. Enchanted by Josephine
6. Nineteen Teen
7. Passages to the Past
Stay tuned for a post later this week on the most magical amulets and talismans used by kings and queens...